Monday, July 28, 2014

Future Books

I have good news and possibly bad news for some of my readers.

The 5th book in the Wolves Among Us series is in progress. It likely won't be finished until next year, but hopefully it won't take as long to publish as my last book, which was published almost exactly a year after the previous book in the series. The 5th book will bring together the main characters from all four previous books (The Chase, Rogues, Broken, and Alpha Female). Therefore, it is somewhat of a sequel to all the characters' stories. Because of this, it requires extra thought and planning. It is not easy balancing so many characters, but so far, I think it is coming along very well.

Now for the bad news... I do not know if anyone still reads or cares about my other series, Mating of the Beasts and Ways of the Pack, but I have no plans to continue those series.

I feel that Ways of the Pack ended with The Return and there is nothing more for me to write about in that world. I started that series when I was sixteen and I have outgrown it and many of the characters. In fact, I cringe when I think on what I wrote.

As far as Mating of the Beasts goes, I started the third book in the series, but I painted myself into a corner, so to speak. I have no where to go with it and I no longer feel a connection to the characters. I can't write about them, no matter how hard I try. I may someday return and finish what I started, but I do not want anyone to expect that.

Both of those series began before I was even twenty years old. They helped me grow as a writer, but trying to continue them would hold me back. Wolves Among Us fits me better now. I feel that I have come up with more realistic characters and story-lines for it due to the fact that I have more life experience now. I mean, honestly, when I wrote my first "romance," I hadn't even said two words to a male of the species... much less dated anyone. How did I know what it was like? Admittedly, I still didn't have that experience until after I published Rogues and while I was writing Alpha Female, but
even now having that experience, I feel that my Wolves Among Us series portrays it better than the books I wrote when I was younger.

More to the point... I apologize to anyone looking forward to books from those series. If I could continue them, I would. I had so many stories in my head for those characters, but I just cannot write them.

Thanks for sticking with me!
~A. M. Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment