Saturday, June 8, 2013

New Covers

It's no secret I make my own covers. I do it for many reasons, not the least of which is the fact that commissioning covers can be expensive. As a self-published author that has very little money to spare, it's just not worth forking over hundreds of dollars for covers. In addition, I like being able to do my own covers. They're not the best, but as a control freak (hence why I don't want to go through a traditional publisher) I love being able to decide what my books look like.

Where am I going with this? Well, a few years ago when my mom wanted me to help her make book covers for her books (before I had finished my own books), we put together a few covers... They stunk, to put it nicely. They were scribbles and I won't pretend that they were good, even with my artistic talent. Later, I found a program that made making covers a bit easier and better looking. However, they still were far from the best.

Today, I am proud to say that I have learned SO MUCH recently and am able to make somewhat nice looking book covers. I won't say they're perfect, but I love the one I made today and I have to share it.

This is the new cover for "Broken" in the "Wolves Among Us" series. I learned new tricks for making covers pleasing to the eye and I used all of them on this cover. I especially love the way Lily looks. She turned out so perfectly on this cover! I can't wait to make tons more covers!

Anyways, I will slowly be replacing most of my book covers with improved covers. If you have any suggestions of what you would like to see on future covers, let me know! In fact, if you want a cover made for your books, send me a message! I promise not to charge $100+. ;)

For those of you anxiously awaiting "Rogues," it's coming soon! I'll share the blurb tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment