Friday, June 1, 2012

Beastly Extra -- Interview with Lea


Welcome to another Beastly Extra day! Check back here every day for more Beastly Extras, all leading up to the release of the next “Mating of the Beasts” book! I am not promising to have something new every day, but nearly every day I will try to have some more fun Beastly Extras.

Today we have an interview with Lea Stine, the main character in “The Finicky Feline.” This interview takes place before the events of “The Finicky Feline” so there are no spoilers.

Please note that I wrote the interview as a blank interview for anyone to use a while back and then filled in the questions with Lea’s answers so that’s why some of the questions may seem a bit weird.

Hello!  It’s extremely nice to meet you.  What is your name and gender?
Lea Stine and last time I checked I was female…

That’s a great name!  Now, what is your species or race?
Umm… Thanks. I sorta like my name too… I’m what’s known as a “Beast” which basically means I have an animal within that allows me to shapeshift.

Ah, I see.  Very interesting…  Now, if you would please describe yourself to our readers…
I’m barely over five feet… yeah, no short jokes please. I have light green eyes reddish-brown hair and skin that’s far too pale.

Oh, you sound very nice looking!  Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?
Again, thanks I guess… First of all, I don’t like telling people about myself. Also, I’m afraid if I start spouting things off about myself it’ll sound like a personal ad. That’d be awkward.

Ah, good… good…  So how do your powers work?  Can you shift at will?
I can shift at will, but sometimes it happens if my temper gets the better of me.

Good to know.  How many forms do you have?
Technically two: Feline and human. However, there are the partial shifts. That means I can shift certain parts without shifting fully. Like, I can have claws or fangs. However, my eyes always glow when I shift at all. I have to add, though, that I can’t fully shift yet. I haven’t mastered my abilities yet.

Interesting.  So then how does it feel when you transform?  Do you enjoy the transformation at all?
Wow, I’ve never really thought about it… I wouldn’t say enjoy, but it’s not unpleasant. It isn’t like those movie werewolves at the full moon that scream in pain, that’s for sure. I can feel the Beast emerge… I don’t know how to describe it exactly.

Ah, yes.  I know the feeling…  Do you live with other shape-shifter, like in a pack, or alone?
Are you a Beast as well? Weird… Anyways, I live in a pack. My father is the Alpha.

Oh, right, right.  So then do you have non-shape-shifting friends?  If so, do they know about your ability and how do they feel about it?
No, I don’t have any human friends.

Completely understandable…  Being a shape-shifter, you must have to keep a lot of secrets.  Does that bother you?  Do you wish the world could know about your kind?
Doesn’t bother me a bit. I don’t mind keeping secrets and… Well, when humans knew about us a few hundred years ago they hunted us out of fear.

I feel the same way…  What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I train, mastering my shape shifting abilities. I wouldn’t say I enjoy it, but it’s what I do.

Sounds fun!  So how do you put food on the table?  Do you have a job and if so, what is it?
I still live with my parents so they pretty much take care of the food situation, but I do have a job. I work at my dad’s antique store.

Are you in a relationship?  If so, how does he/she feel about you power?
No relationship here. My kind doesn’t date because our Beasts will eventually claim a Mate. There’s no real point in dating.

This may be an odd and embarrassing question, but how do you manage your clothes with you shape-shifting?
I can’t fully shift yet, so it doesn’t really affect my clothes yet, thankfully. I can’t imagine how horrible it’ll be once I actually shift enough to not be able to wear clothes…

All done!  I hope you enjoyed it!  Any last words?
Enjoy? Not exactly… I’m not big on sharing, so don’t ask me to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment