Friday, June 8, 2012

Beastly Extra -- Interview with Kat

This is interview takes place right after “Beast Man” so there are slight spoilers for those who have not read the books yet.

Hello!  It's extremely nice to meet you.  What is your name and gender?Nice to meet you too! I’m Katerina Travis, but please call me Kat.

That's a great name!  Now, what is your species or race? Aw, thanks! I’m a “Beast” which is a race of shape shifters.

Ah, I see.  Very interesting…  Now, if you would please describe yourself to our readers…I’m about 5’5, I have darkish blonde hair, and blue eyes.

Oh, you sound very nice looking!  Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?You’re too kind! I love to read and I try to write, but I’m not very good. I love reading about shape shifters especially. Admittedly, I’m not very social, preferring to stay home and read than talk to people.

Ah, good… good…  So how do your powers work?  Can you shift at will?Well, Beasts generally shift at will, but I’m… not really normal. I didn’t find out that I was a Beast until just recently, so I have to work really hard to shift the tiniest bit. However, I hope that practice will make perfect, eventually allowing me to fully shift.

Good to know.  How many forms do you have?One at the moment, I guess… but I can make my eyes glow, my canine teeth lengthen into fangs, and if I focus really hard I can make my fingernails into claws.

Interesting.  So then how does it feel when you transform?  Do you enjoy the transformation at all?It feels… interesting, to use your word. I feel the Beast push its way to the forefront. It’s not unpleasant, but I can’t say I enjoy it.

Ah, yes.  I know the feeling…  Do you live with other shape-shifter, like in a pack, or alone?I sorta live in a pack. At the moment, I live outside the Pack’s territory, though.

Oh, right, right.  So then do you have non-shape-shifting friends?  If so, do they know about your ability and how do they feel about it?I don’t really have human friends, but my parents and brother are human, though and they don’t know about it.

Completely understandable…  Being a shape-shifter, you must have to keep a lot of secrets.  Does that bother you?  Do you wish the world could know about your kind?It’s hard to deal with lying to my parents. I’m not sure I want them to know, but yeah, it does bother me to have to keep it a secret.

I feel the same way…  What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?I believe I already told you that I like to read, but I’ll add that I enjoy spending as much time with Teryn as possible.

Sounds fun!  So how do you put food on the table?  Do you have a job and if so, what is it?I’m taking college classes and my parents pay for most things at the moment, but I just recently got a job at an antique store owned and run by the Alpha of the Pack.

Are you in a relationship?  If so, how does he/she feel about you power?I love that I can say ‘yes’ to this question! I have a Mate, Teryn. He’s so… wow… Oh, umm, to answer the rest of your question, he is a Beast as well and therefore is fine with me being one.

This may be an odd and embarrassing question, but how do you manage your clothes with you shape-shifting?I don’t shift enough for it to make a difference yet…

All done!  I hope you enjoyed it!  Any last words?This was fun! Thanks for interviewing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment